Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Pump It Up" In Rock Band 2

Being Poisoned Letter's resident gamer geek, it didn't escape my notice that "Pump It Up" is on the track list of Rock Band 2. Which is good news, except that I'm still having trouble getting five stars on the thing on Hard. It frustrates me more than Elvis Costello should. It's the master recording, not a cover, and other than the chord-y bits that vex me, it's fun to play.

I'm hoping that this means we get some more Elvis as downloadable content in the future. The question is what other songs would translate well to video game format? I think "Veronica" is a good choice, and "American Gangster Time," and I want to name "I Want You" in spite of logic because of the smoldering guitar part that ignites in that too-brief solo.

What three songs would you recommend for a DLC Elvis Costello pack?

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'm a piano guy so this is kinda lost on me, but...

"(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea"
"Miracle Man"
"Veronica"

shitty list, I know.

James said...

(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
Radio Radio
Peace, Love and Understanding

I think these would make excellent Rock Band songs.

Laika said...

I would love to see "Lipstick Vogue", but it's hard to imagine how the "easy" setting would work for that one... In general the earlier albums would seem to work better in general IMO.

Jeff said...

Update: I've been rocking vocals on Pump It Up the last few times I've hosted Rock Band Night, and I get 100% basically blindfolded.